This article is part of our Tip of the Week series. Look for a new tip every Friday until Opening Day – Saturday, December 5! Please review our COVID-19 Operations Plan and other helpful information at skieaglecrest.com/covid19.
No matter what phase of operations we’re in this winter, Eaglecrest will strictly enforce its policy that appropriate face coverings are required at all times when you are not actively skiing or snowboarding. This includes all indoor and outdoor spaces.
Here’s the tip: wear an appropriate face covering!
We have a Two Strike Rule, which is outlined on page two of the plan. If someone does not comply with our policies, the offender is banned from the mountain and we will “turn off” his or her pass. By doing so, he or she will not be able to visit Eaglecrest, ride the chairlift, or get through the RFID gates. The first offense is a 14 day suspension. The second offense is a suspension through the end of the season.
These might sound like pretty serious punishments, but we need to be strict to keep our staff and guests safe. The logic is simple and clear: the chairlifts won’t spin if we aren’t healthy and working!
We know everyone wants to ski and ride this winter, so we don’t expect to have enforcement issues. The Juneau community seems to be doing a great job wearing face coverings in public, and the Eaglecrest community has always been super supportive. Besides, it’s not hard to cover your nose and mouth, especially in a winter environment!
Click here for more information and examples of appropriate face coverings.
Face shields are NOT appropriate face coverings at Eaglecrest.
Click an image to enlarge.
WINTER 2020-2021 NOTES
- If you purchased a season pass last year, this year’s purchase will automatically load onto last year’s card. Be on the safe side, and test it before Opening Day. Test or print your season pass at the Ticket Office, now open Wednesday to Sunday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Eaglecrest’s new regular operating schedule is Wednesday through Sunday. We’re open daily over Christmas Break, Spring Break, MLK Day, and Presidents’ Day. Black Bear Chairlift will operate every day. View the calendar for the early-season schedule.
- Review our winter operations plan. Face coverings are required whenever you are not actively skiing or snowboarding. Ride as a single or within your social bubble. Treat your vehicle as your lodge. Please be respectful.
- If you are visiting Eaglecrest, always read the Mountain Report before arriving. Check the Uphill Status if you plan to hike, ski, or snowboard tour.
- Get pre-fitted at the Rental Shop! Get repairs at the Ski Shop!