Beacon Scramble #2
Register Here! Sign up now for the Beacon Scramble and support the Coastal Alaska Avalanche Center! By 1:00 PM on Friday, March 25 we will have
Sign up now for the Beacon Scramble and support the Coastal Alaska Avalanche Center! By 1:00 PM on Friday, March 25 we will have buried five beacons. You have until 1:00 PM on Sunday, March 27 to find them!
After registering, you’ll be emailed a treasure map with clues for where to search. When you locate a beacon, look for a nearby tree marked with a letter of the alphabet. Find all the letters, the password is revealed, and you will be entered to win a gift card!
It’s only $10, though you may consider a larger contribution. The course is not timed. Complete it over the weekend or all at once. Depending on your familiarity with your beacon and probe, the course should take between 30 minutes and 2 hours to complete. All ages. Must have your own beacon and probe to participate.
Friday, March 25, 2022 @ 1:00 PM
Sunday, March 27, 2022 @ 1:00 PM
Upon completing the course, email the password to [email protected]. The password submission deadline is Monday, March 28th at 10:00 AM. You will be entered to win some sweet Eaglecrest prizes– winners will be randomly selected and contacted by phone/email.
– Leave beacons buried for other people and groups after you. Don’t dig them up!
– If you encounter others in the search area ahead of you, give them time and space to complete the search.
– Beacons will be in soft backpacks, probe responsibly and cover your tracks by side slipping.
– Do not broadcast clues or hints. Let participants play the course for themselves.
– Please don’t use other people’s maps. Get your own! The fee is $10 minimum and it’s for a good cause.
After registering, the confirmation message will contain a link to the Beacon Scramble map.
25 (Friday) 1:00 PM - 27 (Sunday) 1:00 PM