Eaglecrest Ski Area and its Board of Directors invite you to discover Eaglecrest through the Hilary Lindh Scholarship Program! Each year, season passes are awarded to four young residents in Juneau. Passes will be awarded to one girl and one boy in grades 1st through 4th and grade 6th through 12th. Eligible applicants must be a resident of the City and Borough of Juneau, attend a Juneau School District school or equivalent. The Hilary Lindh Scholarship is open to all athletic abilities. We highly encourage Skiers and Snowboarders with a competitive background to apply.
The Eaglecrest Board of Directors established this program in 1992 in recognition of Hilary Lindh’s 1992 Olympic Silver Medal and the hard work that she dedicated to downhill ski racing. Hilary started skiing in Juneau at an early age and won the U.S. and World Junior Championships in Downhill at age 16. To further her competitive spirit, Hilary attended a Utah ski academy in 1984, competed on the World Cup Circuit for twelve years winning three World Cup Downhills, and competed in three Olympics. After winning the 1997 World Downhill Championship, Hilary retired in March of 1997. Hilary was inducted into the U. S. Ski Hall of Fame in 2006 and the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame in 2009.
- Applications must be received by 5:00 PM on September 30th.
- Winners will be announced on October 14th.
- If a winner has already purchased a Season Pass, he or she will be refunded.
- Athletic Ability
- Attitude & Sportsmanship
- Scholastic Achievement
- Complete the entire form below.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required. These can be from teachers, coaches, or others who have knowledge of your sportsmanship, attitude, and athletic ability.
- One (1) scholastic achievement document is required. This can be a recent report card, award, project, or letter from an educator.
Click here for the Grades 1-4 Application