We’re getting ready to pivot from snow guns to snow plows! The natural flakes are about to fall! NOAA has issued a Winter Storm Warning for tomorrow! 4-7” on Saturday and a snowy forecast through Thanksgiving! Keep those fingers crossed!
Huge thanks to the snowmaking crew for working so hard all week! They buried the beginner area, and have made a ton of progress at the Ptarmigan base! It will be a busy weekend grooming the mountain! Check out the photo galleries at skieaglecrest.com/news.
Eaglecrest hasn’t had a white November like this in years! That said, the settled snow depth lost 5” at the summit due to high winds this week, and the upper mountain is still very much low tide. Before we can feed the powder hunger, we’ll need another coating or two for exposed brush, water drainages, and other problem areas. Lower angle terrain has better coverage.
If you visit the mountain, please use caution, hike at your own risk, avoid snowmaking equipment, hoses, and cables. We reserve the right to suspend access at any time for ski patrol or mountain operations. Check the new “Uphill Status” section at skieaglecrest.com/conditions.
Opening Day is projected to be Saturday, December 5. Learn more about operational changes at skieaglecrest.com/covid19. Thanks for checking in with us, and remember to wear a face covering, treat your vehicle as your lodge, and please be respectful!
Photos were taken November 18-20, 2020.
WINTER 2020-2021 NOTES
- If you purchased a season pass last year, this year’s purchase will automatically load onto last year’s card. Be on the safe side, and test it before Opening Day. Test or print your season pass at the Ticket Office, now open Wednesday to Sunday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Eaglecrest’s new regular operating schedule is Wednesday through Sunday. We’re open daily over Christmas Break, Spring Break, MLK Day, and Presidents’ Day. Black Bear Chairlift will operate every day. View the calendar for the early-season schedule.
- Review our winter operations plan. Face coverings are required whenever you are not actively skiing or snowboarding. Ride as a single or within your social bubble. Treat your vehicle as your lodge. Please be respectful.
- If you are visiting Eaglecrest, always read the Mountain Report before arriving. Check the Uphill Status if you plan to hike, ski, or snowboard tour.
- Get pre-fitted at the Rental Shop! Get repairs at the Ski Shop!